31 MAR 2021
Tips on What to do While Preparing for AFCAT Exams
Clearing the exam, moreover with a remarkable score is no easy feat every year, over 3 lakh students appear for the prestigious AFCAT written exam with only a little over10,000 making the cut to appear for interviews. But with the right preparation and the best coaching in India, you can fulfill your dream. Arrow Achievers, with their professional top educator’s team and unwavering spirit, will help you to crack it with the right AFCAT course in Meerut.
What is AFCAT
AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. It is a National Level Competitive Exam conducted by the Indian Air Force to select officers for all its branches and a similar competitive exam to SSB after NDA and CDS. The successful students of AFSB have to undergo various medical, written, interview tests to enter the final merit list. AFCAT is an online exam that is conducted twice a year at the national level to select officers for its all branches namely flying branch, ground duty technical, and ground duty (Non-Technical). Medical Branches are not included in AFCAT. After the AFCAT exam, students who qualify for this entrance exam get a call letter for an SSB interview called AFSB.
Age: 20 to 24 years
Eligibility Criteria: Graduates in any discipline from a recognized University that have attained a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR BE/B Tech.
- Make notes of whatever you study and make a quick revision before the exam.
- Solve previous year question papers of AFCAT to get the idea of questions and exam patterns.
- Plan your study schedule and cover up all topics.
- Focus more on weak points
- Practice to do 100 questions in 120 minutes
- Learn time management skills
- Read newspapers daily to stay in touch with current affairs and to improve your English language.
- Solve as many mock test papers as you can.
- Visit the best coaching in India.
- Subject Wise preparation tips for AFCAT
- There will be approx. 20 questions
- Read newspapers daily to improve your grammar and vocabulary.
- Learn basic rules of grammar.
- Practice comprehension, cloze test, synonym, antonym, idioms, and phrases.
General Awareness and Current Affairs
- Daily newspapers.
- Journals and magazines to stay in touch with day-to-day current affairs.
- For Indian History, Polity, Economics, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, you can refer to NCERT also.
- Make sure to give equal focus to all the topics.
- Do lots and lots of practice.
- Practice questions from Series, Venn Diagram, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Non Verbal questions, Verbal reasoning, military aptitude etc.
- Increase logical skill and speedup for attempting questions because
- Solve previous year’s question papers and mock tests.
- Practice on a Number system, HCF and LCM, Time, Distance and Speed, Time and Work, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Average, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Pipes and Cistern, etc.
- Practice a lot and learn formulas and short tricks.
- Your calculations should be accurate and fast.
AFCAT AFSB Interview Tips:
- AFCAT AFSB interviewers will begin with basic questions and answer all the questions precisely and with full confidence.
- Answer to the point.
- Exercise daily to increase your stamina as physical strength is highly tested in the AFSB round.
- Create a habit of reading newspapers/magazines to remain updated with the latest news/current affairs but also the latest happenings in the defense sector which includes the Indian Air Force.
- Learn about basic Defence glossary, terminology like ranks, missiles, aircraft, etc.
- Solve Non-Verbal/Verbal reasoning part for OIR (Officer Intelligent Rank), practice online Mock Tests.
- Focus on practicing the maximum number of WATs and SRTs so that you can be punctual in completing the test.
For AFCAT Course in Meerut visit Arrow Achievers, our experienced faculty will provide the potential candidates with a full training program ranging from online classes, crash course, physical training, mock tests, and much more.